Listed below are academic changes that have been made after the 2017-2018 IPFW University Bulletin was published due to legislation or accreditation. Please see your advisor if you have any questions.
General Education Requirements: updated (5/15/2018)
- Cataogory B6, MUS Z201 - History of Rock and Roll Music should have outcomes as follows: 1.5, 1.7, 6.1, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.7 and does not meet all the outcomes for a B6 course.
Current program effective Fall 2017:
Civil Engineering program educational objectives are to produce graduates who:
- Advance professionally to roles of greater Civil Engineering technical responsibilities, and/or by transitioning into leadership position in business, government, and/or education.
- Participate in life-long learning through the successful completion of advanced degree(s), continuing education, and/or engineering certification(s)/licensure or other professional development.
- Demonstrate a commitment to community by applying technical skills and knowledge to support various service activities.
Current program effective Fall 2017:
- Gerontology Certificate program is now under the department of Communications, Sciences and Disorders. Contact CSD for more information @ 260-481-6410.
New programs effective Fall 2017:
- Actuarial Science BS - Program attached. Contact the Mathematical Sciences
department for more information, 260-481-6821.
- Bio-Mechanical Engineering Certificate - Program attached. Contact Civil/Mechanical Engineering department for more information, 260-481-6965.
- HTM concentrations - Contact Susan Anderson @ email@example.com or call 260-481-6562.
- Information Technology Minor - Program attached. Please contact the department for more information @ 260-481-6338.
New program effective Fall 2018:
- Data Science and Applied Statistics BS - Contact the Mathematical Sciences department for more information, 260-481-6821.
- Current IU Students in Programs Transitioning to Purdue
Students who enrolled in IPFW prior to July 1, 2018 and who are currently enrolled in academic programs leading to one or more Indiana University Degrees, who are making adequate progress to degree completion, and who complete all degree requirements by Fall Semester 2021 will receive an Indiana University Degree. Students currently enrolled in an Indiana University Degree Program who do not complete all degree requirements by Fall Semester 2021, will be awarded a Purdue University Degree.
- Current Purdue University Students Transitioning to Indiana University
Students who enrolled in an IPFW Health and Human Services Degree Program scheduled to transfer to Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis control (i.e. Department of Dental Education, Department of Nursing, or Department of Medical Imaging and Radiologic Sciences) should contact their Indiana University academic advisor on all matters related to their transition to IUPUI.
Bursar - Payment Processing Policy update:
- D. You may pay your fees by enrolling in a deferred payment plan to pay your balance in installments over the course of the semester. Log into myIPFW and go to the Billing and Financial Aid tab. The payment plan will not be processed without the first payment and the application fee (non-refundable) that is due by the payment deadline for the semester. Subsequent payments not received by the due date of the payment plan will be subject to a late payment plan charge of $20.00.
- E. A $18.50 late payment fee will be assessed to delinquent accounts beginning 10 days AFTER the due date. To avoid paying this charge, accounts must be paid in full by the fee payment deadline. Students with deferred-payment contracts must keep their accounts current to avoid this fee.
Anthropology/Sociology departments merge effective July 1, 2017
Philosophy merged with the English department effective Spring 2017
Women’s Studies and Political Science departments merge effective Spring 2017
MCET/CEIT merge effective July 1, 2017:
- The departments of MCET/CEIT will be merging and renamed School of Polytechnic under the College of Engineering, Technology and Computer Science. The following programs will fall under the new name.
|Computer, Electrical and Information Technology
|Computer Engineering Technology; BS
|Electrical Engineering Technology; AS & BS
|Information Technology; BS
|Computer Controlled Systems Certificate
|Computer Networking Certificate
|Information Technology Minor
|Manufacturing and Construction Engineering Technology
|Construction Engineering Technology; BS
|Industrial Engineering Technology; AS & BS
|Mechanical Engineering Technology; AS & BS
|Advanced Manufacturing Certificate