Jun 20, 2019  
Undergraduate Bulletin 2010-2011 
Undergraduate Bulletin 2010-2011 [Archived Catalog]

Physical Science Teaching Certification - Chemistry

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs

To earn the physical science teaching certification, you must fulfill all requirements for the B.S. with a major in chemistry or physics, and you must complete ENG W233 as your writing requirement and satisfactorily complete the courses listed below.

The School of Education requires that you first complete EDUA F300, EDUC W200/M101, and EDUC K201 before you are permitted to take professional education courses. Prior to your junior year, you must successfully complete the Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST) before admission to the teacher education program. The PRAXIS II Specialty Area Exam must be completed before or during the student-teaching semester, normally in your senior year.

To be eligible to apply for teacher licensure, you must earn a GPA of 2.00 or higher in each general education area. You should work closely with your advisor to ensure completion of general education requirements for teacher licensing. You must also earn a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher in your major area and the professional education courses with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher. Each professional education course must be completed with a grade of C or better.

School of Education Requirements

Prior to being admitted to the teacher education program, you must complete an initial set of requirements.

Initial Requirements:

  • PPST

Block 1: Teacher Education (Prerequisite: Initial Requirements)

Student Teaching

  • EDUC M501 - Portfolio Cr. 0

Additional Credits: 93

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs