Jun 26, 2019  
Undergraduate Bulletin 2010-2011 
Undergraduate Bulletin 2010-2011 [Archived Catalog]

Political Science (Social Studies) Teacher Certification

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs

You may be certified as a teacher of social studies after fulfilling all requirements for the B.A. with a major in political science and all requirements for teacher certification.  Full information on teacher certification requirements is available from the School of Education.

Prior to your junior year, the School of Education requires that you successfully complete EDUA F300, EDUC W200/M101, and EDUC K201 and the Pre-Professional Skills Test (PPST) before admission to the teacher education program.  The PRAXIS II Specialty Area Exam must be completed before or during the student-teaching semester, normally in your senior year. 


Neither Y398 (Internship in Urban Institutions) not Y482 (Practicum) may count for more 6 credits for the major; these two courses together may not count for more than 9 credits for the major. 

Return to {$returnto_text} Return to: Academic Programs