Department of Radiography
College of Health and Human Services
Neff Hall B50 ~ 260-481-0511 ~ ipfw.edu/hhs/radiography/
The student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication with patients and healthcare staff.
- Demonstrate ability to perform procedural variations in non-routine situations.
- Evaluate the quality of radiographic images.
- Demonstrate clinical procedural proficiency and radiation safety.
- Demonstrate age specific and culturally appropriate radiographic patient care.
- Demonstrate effective written communication and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical behaviors in clinical practice.
- Demonstrate appropriate response to medical emergency situations.
The Radiography, A.S. is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182; Phone: (312) 704-5300; Fax: (312) 704-5304; www.jrcert.org.
The radiography program includes general education prerequisite courses and professional education. Students are designated as preradiography majors prior to admission into the professional program. Prerequisite courses may be completed under the advisement of the College of Health and Human Services. The professional education curriculum is a structured, full-time, 21-month program beginning Fall Semester each year. Professional education is a combination of classroom and laboratory instruction and clinical experience. The clinical experience is conducted in the radiology departments of the Parkview Health System.
Admission to the radiography professional program from preradiography status is limited and competitive. Completion of prerequisite coursework alone does not ensure admission. Admission is based on a total composite score of the following:
- Prerequisite coursework GPA
- Applicant Recommendation Forms and Employer Applicant Recommendation Form (if applicable)
- Preadmission testing
- Personal interview
Prerequisite coursework and grades from all post-secondary institutions attended will be reviewed and evaluated. Prerequisite coursework includes:
- BIOL 20300 - Human Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL 20400 - Human Anatomy and Physiology
- ENG W131 - Elementary Composition
- MA 15300 - Algebra and Trigonometry
- PSY 12000 - Elementary Psychology
- NUR 10600 - Medical Terminology
- Choose one of the following:
- COM 11400 - Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- COM 21200 - Approaches to the Study of Interpersonal Communication
Transfer Credit Policy
General Education Prerequisite Coursework: Transfer credits will be accepted for courses equivalent to General Education Prerequisite courses from regionally accredited colleges and universities in which the student has earned a C- or higher. Equivalents to application requirements will be evaluated on an individual basis upon petition from an applicant.
Professional Education Coursework: Transfer credits will not be accepted for Professional courses completed at any radiography program.
Application to the Program:
Application Requirements - Applicants seeking admission to the radiography program must meet the following requirements:
- Complete at least 10 credit hours of prerequisite coursework with a minimum 2.7 prerequisite coursework GPA.
- Earn a grade of C- or better in all prerequisite coursework.
- Complete BIOL 20300, BIOL 20400, and MA 15300 courses within 5 years of the desired start date of the professional program.
- Submit an application, official college transcripts (from each post-secondary institution attended) unofficial transcripts will be accepted from IPFW, prerequisite course completion checklist and completed recommendation forms, hand delivered or postmarked by March 1:
Department of Radiography
Neff Hall, Room B50
2101 E. Coliseum Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1499.
Application Information - See the academic advisor for the radiography program for application materials (or visit our website at ipfw.edu/hhs/radiography):
College of Health and Human Services
Student Success Center
Neff Hall, Room 120
Phone: (260) 481-0145
Preadmission Test - Applicants meeting the application requirements will be scheduled for preadmission testing.
Personal Interview - Applicants meeting the application requirements and minimum preadmission testing score will be contacted to arrange a personal interview. A personal interview is required for final selection.
Repeat Attempts – An applicant may make only two graded attempts at a prerequisite course. The most recent grade will be calculated in the applicant’s prerequisite coursework GPA. The applicant’s two attempts will include any graded attempt, whether or not eliminated from his or her cumulative GPA by grade replacement.
Fresh Start - For the purpose of selecting candidates to the radiography program, an applicant may petition to the program’s admissions committee for a fresh start. A fresh start allows removal of a defined portion of the applicant’s early academic history from calculation of admission grade point average. Please contact the preradiography Academic Advisor for more information about the Fresh Start policy.
To be admitted into the professional program, an applicant must complete all prerequisite coursework by the end of spring semester with a grade of C- or better in each course and maintain a minimum 2.7 prerequisite coursework GPA.
Upon acceptance into the radiography program, students will be provided with the forms and information necessary to complete the following program requirements. Final admission into the program is contingent upon the applicant’s ability to*:
- Possess skills and abilities required under the College of Health and Human Services Technical Standards and the Radiography Program Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions or request accommodation through Services for Students with Disabilities.
- Complete a background check that includes driving record.
- Pass a Drug Screening Test.
- Complete a Physical Examination and submit a health record with documentation of required immunizations.
- Pay Professional Liability Insurance fee with tuition and fee payments, as required.
- Obtain an Indiana State Board of Health Radiology Student Permit.
*Expenses incurred in meeting the program requirements are the responsibility of the applicant.