2014-2015 Undergraduate Bulletin [Archived Catalog]
Information Systems Application Certificate
Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 125 ~ 260-481-6803 ~ ipfw.edu/cs
The learning outcomes for this certificate are:
- Have an excellent foundation development through programming with a high level language.
- Understand the role of the Information Systems as used today (with the people, technology, and organizational components) including the globalization role.
- Understand the fundamentals of Enterprise Systems and the issues associated with their implementation.
- Understand the role of databases, and database management systems, in managing the organizational data and information.
- Students will be prepared to assume job positions at the entry level of the information systems work in an organization or business.
The Information Systems field requires entry level employees with base of knowledge and skills that are embodied in the beginning topics of the Bachelor’s Degree in Information systems. This Certificate will allow a student to have the “credential” needed to show competency for the entry level position, or for the repositioning within a company field, or reaffirming technical background. The student seeking the Bachelor’s Degree in information Systems will be able to compete favorable for entry level positions.
Students in other disciplines who like to work with the computer will find a very good foundation of coursework to give them the effective background to find entry level positions in their disciplines where the companies want some employees with computer technical background. The Certificate coursework will provide the background that will easily provide avenues for working with the Information Systems or Information Technology Departmental staff in the company setting.
This Certificate is available for all students. There are no special admission requirements. Any student at IPFW will be able to take advantage of this Certificate Program.
To earn the Certificate in Information Systems Application, you will be required to successfully complete the following courses with a grade C or better in each course.