Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 125 ~ 260-481-6803 ~ www.ipfw.edu/cs
The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems emphasizes the design, development, and use of Information Systems for the management of information in the modern corporate and organizational environment. Additional focus is on the business knowledge courses as well as the use of technology, such as SAP, in business management software, solutions, and applications for business process. The Bachelor of Science in Information Systems prepares you for a career as a computer professional as well as for possible graduate study.
The Department of Computer Science offers the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, an Associate of Science in Information Systems, a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science. In addition to the degrees, the department offers a minor in Information Systems, a minor in Informatics, and a Certificate of Information Systems.
The student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
- An understanding of processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment.
Declaring This Major