Department of Computer Science
College of Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science
Engineering, Technology, and Computer Science Building 125 ~ 260-481-6803 ~ www.ipfw.edu/cs
- The Minor in Information Systems provides a fundamental background for students interested in designing, developing, and managing software for business/organization systems and applications.
The student learning outcomes for the degree are as follows:
1. An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline
2. An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
3. An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
4. An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
5. An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
6. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
7. An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society
8. Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development
9. An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
10. An understanding of processes that support the delivery and management of information systems within a specific application environment.