Visual Arts Building 213 ~ 260-481-6709 ~ ipfw.edu/vpa/vcd
Upon completion of their degree, B.F.A. students will be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes
- Develop creative ways to solve visual design problems in unexpected ways.
- Develop familiarity and facility with a wide range of physical and digital media and design tools.
- Effectively analyze and critique design objects/projects, in spoken and written forms, using sophisticated vocabulary, and making appropriate references to ceontemporary and historical circumstances.
- Work effectively on large projects in an organized and incremental way, managing time and resources in order to successfully complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Implement visual design principals for organization, impact, and commuunication, in order to create compelling and effective design solutions in a variety of applications, including 2D and 3D compositions, and photography.
- Articulate color in design and effectively utilize color in design composition for desired impact.
- Develop visual, verbal, and written communication skills for effective professional communication and presentation of design work.
- Develop fundamental visual literacy skills and gain aptitude in apply those skills to address successful metaphors and story-telling strategies in their design work, leading to heightened ability to communicate to a given audience.
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of basic business practices and ethical practices in visual design.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply their learning and become oriented to the working profession, through field experiences, internships, or participation in visual design organizations.
The Bachelor of Fine Arts program includes general education, design history, and design courses and offers concentrations in graphic design, imaging and photography, and modeling and animation.